Family In Treatment | Mark Lundholm | 7 Discs, 3 Parts, 240 Minutes
Educational In Treatment Clinical Resource
Family In Treatment is a 3 Part Series. Part 1: The Addicted, Part 2: The Affected, Part 3: Connected. The First 2 Parts (The Addicted & The Affected) are now available separately. Connected Is only available when you purchase the entire set (7 Discs).
Family In Treatment is an innovative new product that takes direct aim at some of the most challenging beliefs, behaviors, and barriers facing the recovering addict and his or her family. With presentations intended for separate viewing by the addict, the family members, and for both addict and family together, this engaging, humorous, and yet powerful presentation addresses many of the most difficult issues that often stand in the way of achieving and maintaining sobriety.
Through a combination of storytelling, exercises and other interactive activities with addicts and family members, jokes, and easy-to-remember "shortcuts" and acronyms, presenter Mark Lundholm, an internationally recognized comedian, entertainer, addiction recovery presenter, and 24 year recovered addict, captures the interest of the viewer, and offers memorable explanations of the key elements of successful recovery in a way that engages the viewer and, through humor directed at self-exploration.
Family in Treatment provides meaningful insights into the most challenging aspects of the family dynamic as it affects the addict and the family members. Filmed at one of the top inpatient addiction recovery centers in the US, the Family in Treatment series incorporates direct interaction with a live audience composed of addicts and their families. Packed with valuable tools, information, stories, exercises, and facts delivered in a clear direct and entertaining way, Family in Treatment, as presented by Mark, uses his art of comedy, story telling, and ability to connect on the deepest level to convey a message of hope, a path for success, and provides a roadmap to help heal the wounds caused by addiction, codependence and family dysfunction. This program provides life changing information in a unique, memorable, and entertaining format.
This is a powerful educational program for use by professionals in the recovery field, and serves equally well for individuals and families in a home setting who have not attended treatment yet or who have just finished treatment.
Part 1: The Addicted 9 (2 DVD Discs) - $149
Mark works with addicts in treatment and in various stages of recovery. The curriculum items addressed in this disc include:
- Disease concept
- The impact the addict and the family have on each other
- Nature vs nurture and the impact on the addictive process
- Defective thought processes
- The problems with "secrets"
- How the family supports and enables the addict
- How addiction can create or contribute to dysfunctional "stasis" in the family
- How the family affects the addict
- The use of drugs as a replacement for social and life skills
- Common triggers for the addict and tools to avoid them
- How the addict can trigger the family
- Shame and its effect on the addict
Part 2: The Affected (the family) (2 DVD Discs) - $149
Mark works with family members of addicts, both currently in treatment and in various stages of recovery. The curriculum items addressed on this disc include:
- Addiction as a family problem
- Understanding and acknowledging feelings
- Slowing down, listening, and hearing one another
- How the family contributes to the addict's addiction
- How family behavior contributes to relapse
- Unhealthy family boundaries and how they affect communication and recovery
- The problems with "secrets"
- Anger vs. shame
- The importance of openness and vulnerability in recovery
- "Defects" vs "Gifts"
Part 3: Connected (Family and addict together) (3 Discs) - Only Available in the 7 Disc Complete Package
Mark brings family members and addicts together to interact and share what they've learned. The curriculum items addressed on this disc include:
- Learning to listen
- How hearing, understanding, and ensuring the other party knows you understand are different
- Making commitments to each other
- Transparency and trustworthiness - discussing each other's triggers
- Learning to be open, to forgive, and to acknowledge fears
- Letting go of judgment (the "moral" addiction problem)
- Working together to solve problems
- Addressing underlying motivations
- Dealing with other family addictions
- Disrupting triggers and creating new options
- Reality check and where to go from here.
About Mark Lundholm: For over 24 years, Mark Lundholm has toured the country performing as a comedian, lecturer, and motivational speaker. Mark's special and powerful talent is in his use of humor to break through the resistance, denial, and shame to educate and help addicts and their families. In addition to keynote presentations at many national conventions and workshops for addicts and the professionals who treat them, Mark also works with a number of treatment centers who host Mark for a day-long workshop with their inpatient clients, often affecting their lives in a powerful and meaningful way and opening the door to deeper self-understanding and facilitating greater commitment to recovery.
** Clinical Products CAN NOT Be Returned ** These Items Include: Brene Brown Connections, Mark Lundholm's Humor In Treatment, Mark Lundholm's Family In Treatment. These items are considered final sale, and CAN'T be returned. However, if your product is defective we will exchange it for a replacement.